Space Coast Woodturners is holding a hands-on workshop to learn a method for turning a lidded box without using measuring tools, calipers, or dividers to make a snug fitting mortise and tenon joint between the lid and box. Project wood will be provided.
There are a limited number of tools available so you will need to bring your own safety gear and turning tools.
• Personal safety gear (face shield is required)
• Spindle Roughing Gouge or ½” bowl gouge
• Spindle gouges: (your selection, ½” spindle gouge minimum)
• Parting tool; 1/8” (preferred) or ¼”
• Narrow parting tool (1/16”) This tool is necessary for this technique.
• Square and round nose scrapers for hollowing the box and lid.
RSVP at Meetup.com